Thursday, June 12, 2008

Case in Point

I have trouble with follow-through.

It's a life-long thing, no cure has yet been discovered (by me at least) and it tends to follow me in every aspect of my life besides breathing. Yes, even my dietary habits suffer due to this tragic problem.

I actually have to MAKE the sandwich? Well nevermind then.

Some have proclaimed it laziness, others ADD, still others are baffled and don't know what to think and announce that the psychology books just didn't cover people like me.

Like an infectious cancer or other powerful disease, I mutate and adapt to my circumstances. I have been evicted from my room, bribed with monetary rewards, gotten my computer taken away, been grounded, even had every object in my room boxed up and in the attic, and I still have not been convinced that clean is the way a room should be. Don't get me wrong, magazine homes are nice to look at, but too hard to keep up with and you're always paranoid about doing stuff because you have to allot enough time to get it all clean right then... It's just too much pressure.

My mindset has not only cluttered homes- numerous painting, sewing, knitting, drawing, reading, organizing, socializing, computing, cooking, inventing, studying, and writing projects have also been left to "flap in the breeze."

A list of unfinished things:
The "biggest art project of the 21st century"
the gingham dress
seven scarves
two sweaters
one blanket
a hat or two
a dozen or so novels
requests to the local paper to showcase my various talents (these always trail off about eight lines in, when I realize that I sound like a blathering idiot)
the Billy Graham autobiography (but there's still hope here, it's a good book , I just read it in spurts)
The effort to get a beloved teacher on "What not to Wear"
the employment movement
the "getting my license" movement
and of course, high school.

3 comments:

nospotaloticus ^_^ said...

hey allison! this is jen, lizzi's sister.

Catherine Wannabe said...

Leave it to the neatnick aunt to say this, but...

I think it's actually easier to keep an area clean than to let it go and then do a major reclamation project. To me, 5 minutes of clutter patrol a day is better than days of 50 gallon bags.

Lecture over. Sorry :>(

lizziiii [: [lEt'S GEt SASSY !] said...

heyy !!!
i havent talked to you in forever !! : D
soo supp ?